DGH African Nova Scotian Heart Health Outreach Program – “The Heart of The Township” event
The Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation held for “The Heart of the Township” community event on Saturday, October 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm. This event, organized by the Dartmouth General Hospital African Nova Scotian Heart Health Outreach program and supported by TD Bank Group through the TD Ready Commitment, was chance for members of the township to come learn about healthy living from others in the community.
“On Valentine’s Day we announced TD’s outstanding gift supporting the DGH African Nova Scotian Heart Health Outreach Program, and we are so pleased to be able to gather responsibly and provide this learning opportunity for the community,” said Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation President & CEO Stephen Harding.
Guest speakers included:
- Rev. Joyce Ross, East Preston United Baptist Church of Nova Scotia
- Preston Simmons, DGH African Nova Scotian Heart Health Outreach Program Assistant
- Debbie Simmons, Retired Nutritionist
- Dr. Jason Yung, DGH Cardiologist
- Leslie Fraser, Home Gardening Specialist, Akoma
- Holly Adams, Breastfeeding Advisor, East Preston Family Resource Centre
The event was held on the front lawn of the Dartmouth General Hospital, adhering to COVID-19 guidelines and social distancing protocols.
Watch CTV News coverage of the event here (starting at 8:16)